Saturday, October 29, 2011

Use your Sorry, Please & K you… and yes we have learnt it.

It’s been reported there have been many a technological advancement’s, literacy rate going high, communications skills are developing much; having said that did we really forget our basic manners and courtesy in spite of all aforesaid stuff happening in a rapid rate ? Yes. There comes a firm answer, in the busy life that we lead in getting into a fat paying job, rushing to office, making certain ends to meet and the other brouhahas, we really forget to use our sorry, please and cuse completely which we have learn it as basic manners and courtesy since our childhood.
But thank god the employees in my first company which I worked for were predominantly following certain personal ethics, etiquettes, discipline, courtesy & manners; albeit, few exceptions were there.
I can quote certain instances I have been observing and few of which happen to me as well. I'd like to share few of such instances so that I don’t forget any more like those people & if someone reads this and bring about a small change within her/him – What more do I need? Lol
Few excerpts whichever I remember from the memory down the lane:

Infy, Shols Office: One fine evening Ms. AAA stepped into the elevator which I alighted on the ground floor, in the first floor. She was appealing highly educated, well dressed and well groomed with a high heel garnering her feet (Never knew it was the tool to harm me). When she happen to get down on the third floor she crossed over me – stamped my left foot ( thank god I wore a shoe that day) – felt that she stamped me – turned and looked an she was gone with the wind without even acknowledging / asking a sorry.

Infy, Hyderabad Office: It was a late evening, some of my colleagues and I was rehearsing a dance act on the am phi theatre dais for about 2 hours for a show to happen the next day evening. And there was another team who were practicing a stage play off the dais. After some time we moved out of the place thorough the am phi steps. 2 gentlemen from the other team were fighting ad running around with huge bags, trying to snatch something from each other. One among those 2 morons came from behind us and gave a huge hit with his extra-large size bag on my extra small colleague Divya Dutta (already she was too thin ) and she was hurt badly. And that fellow didn’t even have a courtesy to notice that he had hurt a lady, left from the place without apologizing. What’s the point studying all these years in various premiere academic institutions???

P.S: And later I heard he was from BITS, Pilani. NOM to BITS.

Satyam Cinemas Parking : If I am right it was for the film Fashion, I and one of my friend rode on her vehicle and I was sitting on the pillion. It was a huge rush and we were stopped to get the parking tickets. There were 2 girls on a Honda activa (I wildly remember) came in a good speed and bumped on my friend's vehicle from back side & my pretty friend gave a stern look. The lady who was riding the other moped shouted like Ewwwwwwwwww the moment she hit and didn't care to say a sorry and she rode fast the lane. I was like dumb idiot sitting and watching those girls. LOL

Apart from these instances, we usually tend to forget to use certain words completely. Certain people think using sorry, please & cuse is something foreign. Na, it’s very much our native. Even I have got the weirdest looks from some people if I thank / ask sorry / excuse myself.

No one asks sorry if they stamp your feet in a crowded bus/elevators
No one thanks if u lend a pen in banks/POS or a bearer serves your food.
No one excuses themselves when they burp/sneeze in public places.

High time few people learn to use their basics

Have one sure thing to say to them “GET WELL SOON”

God Bless!

No comments: